Recipe To Grow A Business
- Don’t skimp on employee training.
- Get in tune with your gut.
- Trust your gut.
- Create a culture.
- Share your dreams with your employees.
- Share your fears with your employees.
- Eliminate grey areas in functions, expectations and deliverables.
- Have hard conversations.
- Be transparent.
- Thank people.
People will make or break your business, especially employees. But how you hire or train is something you control. Your identity is intertwined with your venture, but have you stopped to consider what your employees are feeling…Understand the business you are creating is often more than an employee’s paycheck — it is that employee’s livelihood, and perhaps even their identity too.
*Takeaways from Myra Ghattas’ (Owner, Slate Street Cafe) #HauteHopes presentation “Killing It As The HR Director: How To Grow A Rockstar Staff Without Losing Your Shirt Or Your Mind”
Go back to writing