Sunday, January 6 is Cuddle Up Day. No lie. So while you could cuddle up with Netflix or Candy Crush, may I suggest you curl up with a good book instead? There are cognitive, physical and emotional benefits associated with reading:
Relieves Stress & Lowers Blood Pressure: Just 6 minutes of reading has been shown to lower heart rate and muscle tension.
Lengthens Life: One study shows that those who read as little as 30 minutes a day live on average 2 years longer than non-readers.
Who doesn’t want to live a longer, less stressful life?
So to relieve your stress, lengthen your life and make you happier, a few book suggestions from my holiday reading list:
- Iconic by Scott McKain. If you want to take your business (or frankly, yourself to the next level – beyond simply attaining success in 2019, read Iconic.
- The Gutsy Girl Handbook by Kate White. Learn Kate’s 4 B’s plus how to be a baller – your career will thank you.
- Growth IQ by Tiffani Bova. Essential reading for any company selling a goods or services. E.S.S.E.N.T.I.A.L.
- Switchers by Dr Dawn Graham. Looking to reconfigure, re-work, reimagine you career this year? Read this before you do something stupid.
- Teammate by David Ross and Don Yaeger. As the authors say “you don’t need to be most valuable to be valuable.” Superstar or not, being a better teammate is an essential work and life skill.
And yes, my book, Build Your Dream Network ’cause in a topsy-turvy uncertain world, building strong relationships and networks matters more than ever before.