Have you ever sought career advice or feedback from your network on your professional strengths? In this episode of the podcast, Kelly shares how her own network has inspired her to pursue new, previously unimaginable career paths. Discover why reflecting on what your connections see in you is a vital component of networking along with why Kelly launched her latest 30-day network-building challenge and how you can too.
Key takeaways from the episode:
- How Kelly’s career path has been influenced by feedback from her network
- How you can use feedback to affirm possible career choices
- How you can seek new career insights by tapping into your network’s observations
- “My career path has been influenced by feedback, a pivotal 360 review, and, most importantly, listening to my network.”
- “What knowledge or skills are you sought out for? When does your network rely on you?”
- “Plan to reflect on your network at some point today – to improve your networking tomorrow.”
Learn more about the 30-day network building challenge.
Need more on how feedback from your network can transform your career? Check out “Seek Feedback, Find A Mentor And Pursue A Dream Career” along with page 67 (“Look to Your Network to Ignite Your Career”) in Build Your Dream Network: Forging Powerful Relationships In A Hyper-Connected World.
Plus, these blog posts may help you navigate a career transition too:
- Are You Prepared For Inevitable Career Uncertainty?
- The Networks Women Need – And How To Cultivate Them
- Effective Networking Practices For Starting, Advancing, Or Changing Your Career
Subscribe to the Build Your Dream Network podcast on Apple Podcasts (and leave a review while you’re there!).
Don’t miss a networking insight by subscribing to the #BYDN newsletter.