A Productive Few Career Advancing #BYDN Days!
Emails from Build Your Dream Network readers quite simply make my day. It is exhilarating to hear how someone has taken advice off the page and into action.
From one reader — and yes, with a growing to-do list, I could use a day or two of this productivity:
I’ve had a very productive few days since we met. I’m half way through your book but had to put it down to start putting your ideas into action!
What I’ve done because of your book:
1. Created my own networking map.
2. Identified key people who made the warm introductions for my last several jobs.
3. Emailed my former mentor, my former boss, my college advisor, and 2 colleagues with whom I’ve lost touch. (I offered to assist them in varying ways, per your suggestion.)
4. Decided to write a letter of testimony for one of my college professor’s tenure portfolio, as a way of paying it forward and showing gratitude.
5. Decided to write to a new colleague to thank her for providing such helpful insight on a topic that has confused me for years.
6. Browsed groups to join through Meet Up, Linkedin and Facebook.
7. And most importantly, I have changed my approach to my goal. I’m looking to change jobs and instead of spending time applying to jobs at companies that don’t know me, I’m spending time reconnecting with contacts, and identifying new ones to meet.
In short, you’ve already changed my thinking. Thank you!
Now back to finish reading…
By J. Kelly Hoey
on May 3, 2018
Exported from Medium
on September 6, 2018.
Go back to writing