The networking gap–the advantage some people have over others based on who they know or the resources they have access to–persists even in our hyper-connected digital networking world. In this Build Your Dream Network podcast episode, Kelly addresses this gap and examines how we can start to close it, from improving the accessibility of online and in-person events to focusing more on being more inclusive and actively pulling people into networking conversations, instead of them having to muster up the courage to break the ice and join in.
- Think about how you’re inviting others in and take initiative to include others in your conversation
- Networking events in the past often were not inclusive, consider the details that need to be altered to close the network gap
What to listen for:
- 00:38 What is the networking gap?
- 01:23 How to make networking more accessible
- 03:00 Suggestions on how you can make networking accessible
- 04:18 How networking needs to adapt for a more inclusive future
“As we look ahead to in-person networking events, don’t default to what worked in the past, plan for a more inclusive networking future.” [04:18]