Inspired by friend (and yes, interviewee in Build Your Dream Network) Amanda Ellis Cuban and a month long client-development outreach initiative she instigated, here’s a 30-day #BYDN networking challenge for you (no, just because it is summer, you don’t get to take your foot off the network building gas pedal).
For the next 30-days do 1 thing each day to genuinely reconnect with someone in your network.
Each day for 30-days.
What on earth could you do to reconnect, you say to yourself? – and yes, I heard those thoughts in your head!
It doesn’t need to be much, as long as it is genuine. Here are a few ideas I came up with (while writing this post):
- Endorse a friend on LinkedIn
- RSVP to a meetup (and yes, attend)
- Customize a regret note for an event you cannot attend
- Organize a carpool
- Volunteer to lend a hand
- Send a birthday card (or belated birthday card)
- Email a mentor and let her/him know how you’re applying their advice
- Invite a colleague to join you at an event you’re attending
- Fire off a congratulatory text
- Recommend a book
- Comment on a social media post
- Pick up the phone
- Wave to your neighbor (assuming you’re on friendly terms)
- Organize a lunch
- Send along an article of interest
- Ask how they’re doing
- Tag them in a social media post
- Donate to their cause
- Subscribe to and rate their podcast (if they have one)
- Grab coffee
- Take a walk
- Forward info to help their business grow or send along a job lead
Bonus points if you come up with 30 different ways to connect with 30 different people in your network.
And you can find Amanda Ellis Cuban’s #BYDN networking roadmap at page 158 of Build Your Dream Network.