It takes a village — especially if you’re trying to keep a New Year’s resolution. What resolution did you make this year? Find a new job? Launch that big idea? Exercise regularly? (I’m still trying to keep that last one!).
Resolutions are goals and goals need community to make them happen. As I’m known for saying “ideas without a network are just ideas”. Don’t lose the momentum on your resolutions by failing to tap into your community! Some ideas to motivate your New Year’s resolutions…let’s say your resolution was to spend more time with friends and family (it’s a top 10 resolution according to Nielsen). Consider these ideas:
- Sign-up for a hackathon together. (Bonus! You’ll also learn something new — another popular resolution).
- Create a Chatbook to share memories of the past year with them (no more excuses that you’re too many time zones or too far away to get closer).
- Send a postcard. Old-fashioned consideration will get their attention.
- Host a quarterly book or clothes swap with a group of friends (Bonus! you’ll also get organized and save money too!).
- Didn’t make any resolutions this year??? Actually that’s a resolution…So why don’t you coach or mentor someone else to the success of their goal.
#BYDN is on the calendar: January 25 at the New York City Bar Association. A fireside chat with me plus networking reception and a complimentary signed copy of my book Build Your Dream Network: Forging Powerful Relationships In A Hyper-Connected World. How’s that for networking your way to a new career or expanding your list of potential client contacts? Details and link to RSVP.
Interested in planning a #BYDN network book event with me? Fire me an email or tweet — and let’s connect to get it on the calendar.