- It’s the little things that matter isn’t it? At least that’s what we say — and not always what we actually do.
Another business book that is on my “best” list — and has pride of place on the right corner of my home office desk is Tom Peters’ The Little Big Things: 163 Ways To Pursue Excellence. Yes, 163 not so little ways you can be a better leader, a more successful employer or a great small business owner. 163 ways to do business better, as in much much better.A few of my favorite Tom’isms from The Little Big Things:
- Passion for today’s action is paramount — but always, always think consciously about…Network Investment…it should be subject to the same… planning, attention, discipline, accountability and evaluation…that goes into the likes of budgeting.
- You=your development track record…Please list. Right now! The five people! Whose development you have contributed to! Directly! Measurably! And Profoundly!
- Small Stuff Matters. What…little things might you do today to make a BIG Difference in your business?
- …a crisis is a pure (yes) and simple (no)…test of character.
- She or he who tries the most stuff…wins.
- If you’ve got a Whopper of an Aspiration and Determination that “this must happen” bordering on insanity…cut the lifeline and leap in and start flapping around.
#BYDN is on the calendar: January 25 at the New York City Bar Association. A fireside chat with me plus networking reception and a complimentary signed copy of my book Build Your Dream Network: Forging Powerful Relationships In A Hyper-Connected World. How’s that for your 2017 calendar? Details and link to RSVP.
Interested in planning a #BYDN network book event with me? Fire me an email or tweet — and let’s connect to get it on the calendar.