Do you know the value of your network? Most of us take for granted the relationships we make in our career and don’t realize their worth. What if there was someone in your network right now that held the keys to your dream career or to opening a door that would score you a book deal and more? There’s power in your network, and Millennial Money podcast guest, Kelly Hoey, is here to show you how to Build Your Dream Network (also the name of her amazing book)!
Questions Millennial Money podcast host Shannah Game Asks Kelly:
- I’ve gotta ask, have you always been a natural networker or is this something you had to work on?
- I saw a graphic you posted on Twitter and it really makes think – “no one cares about your career as much as you do”. That sounds obvious, but we forget it. Why do we need to remember that?
- A lot of us hate the networking – how can we make peace with it and do it effectively?
- Why is having a network so key to our success?
- What about if you’re terribly shy – where do you start?
- Do you have any stories you can share with how having this dream network has helped you in ways that just blow your mind?
- Why your relationships are worth value to your bank account
- How to have an entrepreneurial mindset with your career
- Why you might need to rethink networking and how to win at each event
- Never underestimate anyone, even your Uber drivers
- How to build a network that will keep paying you dividends for many years