Kelly recently joined host Rosa Ponce de Leon on the Powerful At Work Radio podcast. The Powerful at Work Radio Podcast provides weekly insights into how seasoned leaders optimize their workforce, together with advice about professional development and fostering strong relationships, advice you can start implementing immediately.
In this episode, Kelly shares her insights on the power of networking and important it is to invest in the people you work alongside. Human connections are, afterall, a huge factor in your career success. Kelly also shares networking secrets she learned when she studied the networks of successful people.
Tune in to Powerful At Work to hear why you should build your expertise, build your network and build your bank account (yes, invest in that ‘me fund’).
What to listen for:
- [04:40] Taking chances, what’s the worst that could happen?
- [12:50] The 3 pieces of advice that are key to your success…
- [16:18] You need to show up for your network every single day.
- [16:46] Be good to people every day, then they’ll be there for you when you need them.
- [25:06] Diversity is important because you don’t want someone who brings the precise same network that mirrors your own, you need to tap into different insights, different perspectives, different experiences…