Are you on Insta? And more importantly are you following me @jkellyhoey there? If not, read on and correct that as I’ve announced the latest #BYDN #bookgiveaway with 5 stellar career books. Why these 5 books, you ask?
I’ve been a guest on a number of podcasts recently dishing on career networking advice for job seekers, changers and pivoters. Then I remembered #BYDN was listed as a recommended read for just this reason…
Back in 2018, Money Magazine tapped professional career coaches for their expert advice, asking them what books they would recommend as resources for someone embarking on a career change or navigating re-entry into the job market.
These 5 books were the ones they selected:
- Reach Out: “… is the perfect wingwoman for anyone trying to venture into online and social media [for the first time] for professional networking”
- Managing Transitions: “This book talks about transitions — the psychological process — individuals go through during a [career] change”
- Build Your Dream Network: “full of practical and easy-to-follow steps to enhancing your digital footprint…[it lays] out how every challenge can be met with the right network and tactics.”
- The Confidence Code: job loss, rejected job applications… “the first thing that falls through a gap in a resume is confidence. This book is the key to standing tall.”
- Daring Greatly: “…strategically connecting with others is the surest way to transition into your next great role…this book offers a [different] road map for how to make that work for you.”
These book recommendations and advice still hold true today. SO how can you walk away with this book bundle of career boosting awesomeness?
LISTEN to one of my recent podcast interviews. Your choices are:
- @SheSpeaksUp How She Does It
- Extraordinary Women Radio with @kamiguildner
- Marketing, Martinis & Mindfulness with @joannetombrakos
- Inside BS with @thedavelorenzo
- More Than A Fallback with @jessinnyc or
- On Her Shoulders with @corinneintexas
TAG the podcast in your reply to my Instagram post and tell me what advice or tips resonated from the interview.
BONUS entries for tagging a friend and suggesting they listen to one of the podcasts mentioned.
*One winner will be randomly selected