Julie Fogh and Casey Erin Clark, co-founders of Vital Voice Training, are excited to share “Voice (is)” – a podcast where they have conversations with people whose voices they love to dive into the good, the bad, and the messy of what makes your voice YOURS.
In this first episode, Julie joins Casey in NYC from San Francisco to talk all things Keynote, Panels and public speaking with the inimitable Kelly Hoey, author of “Build Your Dream Network” and all-around badass.
TOP TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Make your talk porous enough to allow for the unexpected
- Assume a benevolent audience (what’s the harm)
- Choose your most effective working style
- Instead of speeding up when time is short, slow down
- Leave people wanting more
- Find your foundation
- Build your speaking career before you need it
- Think how you can serve your audience instead of your audience serving you