From Kelly’s Creative Warriors Build Your Dream Network interview with Jeffrey Shaw:
Networking can feel like a chore sometimes, but it doesn’t have to! Networking is all about forming connections, problem solving, and growing your reputation. With all the technology and platforms that can be used today to network, we have to utilize our time wisely. Kelly Hoey joins us at Creative Warriors today to discuss the ins and outs of networking. It’s time to get out there!
Kelly Hoey is the author of “Build Your Dream Network.” You might have seen Kelly on CNBC’s Power Pitch, or her column on ink.com, blogs on myturnstone.com, or Kelly’s name on Fast’s “ 25 Smartest Women on Twitter.” Prepare to be impressed, and fall in love with Networking, on this week’s episode of Creative Warriors!
WARRIOR OF Community
“You have two things in life: your reputation, and your time.” -Kelly Hoey
- Identify what your goal is when networking, and what you’d like to solve by networking.
- Figure out the best way to connect with your peers while networking.
- Ensure every opportunity you have to connect with someone else is powerful!
- You have two things in life: your reputation, and your time.
- Many social platforms we use can be utilized as networking platforms, like Twitter!
- A “deep network” is where we find advisors or mentors.
- It’s not who you know, or what you know, it’s who knows what you know.
- LinkedIn is an amazing platform to form connections and network.