#CareerEntrepreneurship: What does success mean to you?
Intrapreneurial powerhouse Asha Curran, is the director of the Center for Innovation & Social Impact at the 92Y in New York City. Asha spearheads the storied institution’s efforts to broaden the depth and reach of its programming — including the annual Social Good Summit; the multi-platform political program 92Y American Conversation and the national day of giving founded and led by 92Y (#GivingTuesday). Asha is also behind the 92Y’s new Women In Power fellowship program.
With all those community engagement activities in mind, who better to ask the question “what does success mean to you?”.
Here’s what Asha had to say:
That old cliche: it’s more about the journey than the destination. It’s measuring myself against a series of questions regularly, like:
- Am I having fun on the journey?
- Is this leading me to progressively greater places?
- Are at least some of my days filled with excitement and new opportunities and challenges?
- Am I being recognized for what I’m achieving?
- Am I helping others?
- Am I consistently pushing myself out of my comfort zone?
- How are my kids doing?
- Are my professional and personal values aligned?
Read my full Founder Focus interview with Asha here.
By J. Kelly Hoey
on December 26, 2016
Exported from Medium
on September 6, 2018.
Go back to writing